We are looking for a classroom Facilitator to join our growing team at Project Success. Project Success is a youth development nonprofit organization that helps students connect to their purpose. We work with more than 15,000 6th-12th grade students and their families in the Minneapolis School District and have more than 200,000 alumni around the world. Learn more at projectsuccess.org.
Our team of classroom Facilitators work directly with 6th-12th grade students in Minneapolis public schools facilitating workshops throughout the school year that help students prepare and plan for their futures. Utilizing our proven curriculum, our highly trained facilitators build long-term relationships with students and help them develop skills that will assist them in school and beyond.
This role will require strong communication skills, excitement to engage with students, families and teachers, and the ability to use our curriculum to deliver engaging lessons that inspire young people. Our ideal candidate has strong experience working with young people, is detail-oriented and organized, and is excited to work collaboratively to innovate and meet student, teacher, and school needs. Facilitators undergo continuous training on culturally responsive and inclusive teaching methods and the ideal candidate for this role must be willing to continuously learn and incorporate those learnings.
This role reports to the Senior Program Manager – Schools & Workshops and is part of the Programs team at Project Success.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Create and implement lesson plans using our PS curriculum
- Deliver workshops in the classrooms at MPS schools 7-8 months of the school year
- Assist all students from a variety of backgrounds in PS workshops to discover who they are, what they want, and how to make informed decisions for their future
- Utilize a variety of educational pedagogy as tools for students in classroom workshops
- Build partnerships with Core partner teachers to coordinate schedules and enhance student experience
Programming & Events
- Develop and maintain supportive, collaborative, and genuine relationships with students and school staff during PS programming
- Participate in school and community functions
- Facilitate curriculum during PS programming
- Participate in ongoing collaboration and support for other facilitators to sustain excellence
Partners & Community
- Build relationships with students, teachers, and school communities
- Continuously learn and incorporate culturally responsive teaching practices
- Stay informed on events and trends impacting young people in our community and incorporate that information into the work
Other Duties as Assigned
Mission, Vision, and Values + Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about the success of our students and share the mission, vision, and values of PS.
Mission: Project Success motivates and inspires young people to dream about the future, helps them take steps to get there and gives them the tools they need to achieve their goals
Vision: Every child entering middle school will graduate high school with a plan for their future and have the skills and confidence that will take them through the rest of their lives
|Kids First!||Dependability, Reliability, and Trust|
|A Non-Judgmental Environment||Willingness to Grow and Change|
|Love is the Key||Develop Healthy Relationships|
|Clear and Open Communication||Sustain Excellence|
Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.):
Project Success strives to connect students to their purpose by creating programming that truly serves our students and families. We envision a Project Success where inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility are fully integrated into everything we do. We are an organization that cares deeply about students, families, and community, share our values, and are committed to practicing ongoing anti-racism work and I.D.E.A. principles.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Please note that while the below qualifications are preferred for this position, we do not expect any one person to necessarily have all the items listed. We highly encourage people with a wide range of education, experience, and skill levels to apply for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of similar experience (or a combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities)
- 2+ years experience in youth work or direct service
- Experience working with young people from a variety of backgrounds
- Detailed oriented, organized, and has strong communication skills
- Believes in the potential of all young people and has a genuine desire to help them succeed
- Tech-savvy and proficient with O365 – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods, including movement up and down stairs and throughout office environment, events, and school environments
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times and 50 pounds on occasion
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be granted an accommodation prior to beginning employment
This position is a full-time, salaried exempt position, primarily M-F daytime, with occasional nights, weekends, and overnights with advance notice. This role will be primarily in-person work at our partner schools, with some ability to do lesson-planning and meetings remotely. Start date is September 2023.
The compensation package includes the following:
- $42,000 – $46,000 starting annual salary
- Generous paid time off
- Excellent Health Insurance with a low deductible (PS pays 100% of the monthly premium rate)
- Excellent Dental and Vision Insurance (PS pays 100% of the monthly premium rate)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance (PS pays 100% of the monthly premium rate)
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with up to a 3% match
- Free parking at the PS office
Please email the following to email@example.com with a subject line including the name of the position.
- Cover Letter
- Where you heard about us and/or found the job posting
To learn more, visit: https://www.projectsuccess.org/job_openings/
Project Success is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly encourage candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experience levels to apply!