I was honored to serve on the Selection Committee for the 2014 Facing Race Ambassador Awards and am delighted to share the Award Recipients and Honorable Mentions below. Join the Saint Paul Foundation to celebrate and recognize the amazing work of these community leaders working for a more racially just community. See below for details and RSVP by this Friday, March 28!
2014 Ambassador Awards
The Eighth Annual Facing Race Ambassador Awards
Monday, April 7, 2014
6:00-7:00 p.m. – Conversation and Appetizers
7:00-8:00 p.m. – Program
Crowne Plaza Saint Paul Riverfront Hotel
11 Kellogg Boulevard East, Saint Paul, MN 55101 Map
$5 parking: Crowne Plaza and Capital City Parking Ramps
$10 valet parking: Crowne Plaza
RSVP by March 28, 2014
Admission is free; seating is limited.
- Register online — tips:
- Select the number of attendees (seats).
- If you are registering for yourself, select the option “myself.” Enter the name of each guest.
- Enter your name, address, phone number (use dashes) and email address.
- Register by calling 651.325.4265
2014 Ambassador Award Recipients
- Jada Sherrie Mitchell, Tartan High School Student and Youth Leader
- Justin Terrell, TakeAction Minnesota
2014 Honorable Mentions
- Jennifer Godinez, Minnesota Minority Education Partnership (MMEP)
- Bukata Hayes, Greater Mankato Diversity Council
- Dr. Cecilia Martinez, Center for Earth, Energy and Democracy
Celebrated photographer Wing Young Huie documents the socioeconomic and cultural realities of American society. Wing engages contrasting points of view when he presents photographs and asks, “What do you see?” He then facilitates dialogue around cultural and personal perceptions, creating a challenging yet safe environment for discussion.
More about the Ambassador Awards
The Facing Race Ambassador Awards celebrate and honor individuals and organizations working to create a racially equitable community. By highlighting the valuable work of award recipients and honorees, we hope to inspire discussion, dialogue and action around critical issues of race and racism.