DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants for an Interpreter I to staff the “We Are Hmong Minnesota, Peb Yog Hmoob” exhibit and conduct educational programs that serve diverse audiences at the Minnesota History Center and to provide customer service to guests of the History Center Museum and its programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES: 1) conduct interpretive programs within museum exhibits; and supports ongoing museum operations such as maintenance, safety, and cleaning; 2) create a welcoming educational environment in the History Center exhibits by actively utilizing a variety of interpretive techniques and delivering excellent customer service; and 3) study and master program and exhibit related historical materials.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have strong Hmong language skills.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with issues of cultural diversity.
- Familiarity with Minnesota history.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consistent, quality customer service.
- Ability to maintain professionalism in demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule of weekday, weekend, and evening hours, which would average 14 hours per week.
- Familiarity with History Center interpretive programs and exhibits.
- Experience working with children in an educational environment.
- Experience in museum interpretation, theater or storytelling.
- Experience working with diverse audiences of varying cultural backgrounds, ages, and abilities.
TO APPLY: Submit MNHS Application for Employment, (available at http://www.mnhs.org/jobs), cover letter, resume, and if applicable, any supplemental forms. Find the position posting here.