Urban Scholars is currently seeking diverse leaders to shape Minnesota’s future! Read below for more about the 12-week leadership development program and summer internship designed to cultivate the best and brightest community leaders. The application deadline is fast-approaching, so don’t delay and apply today!
Provide students from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds with a distinctive professional experience focused on gaining essential leadership skills and creating career pathways to positions of influence.
To be the most innovative and effective leadership development program and professional experience in which students from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds are inspired to participate.
2015 Urban Scholars Overview
Urban Scholars is a 12-week leadership development summer internship that runs from May 26, 2015 to August 14, 2015. The program is designed to:
provide leadership development training that will help Urban Scholars grow into positions of influence.
create opportunities that will provide high-quality resume building work experience.
Develop opportunities to create valuable professional networks.
Learn more about Urban Scholars by following the Urban Scholars Tumblr page!
For future updates, also follow us on Facebook or Twitter. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact us at: email@example.com
Selected participants will have the opportunity to work full-time in one of the departments of the following participating organizations:
City of Minneapolis
Minneapolis Public Schools
Minneapolis Parks and Recreation
Greater Twin Cities United Way
State of Minnesota
Urban Scholars Leadership Institute
Urban Scholars will participate in leadership development events & activities in addition to their summer internship placement. The events and activities include:
- Leadership development training and self-discovery workshops facilitated by experts in the field
- Public speaking and effective communication skills training
- Professional development workshops (e.g. financial literacy, resume writing, etc.)
- Roundtables and other networking events with high-level organizational leaders
- Community engagement group projects
2015 Urban Scholars Application Process
- Must be enrolled and in good standing at an accredited 2- or 4- year college, university, graduate program, or law school; or,
- Must be a recent graduate with a degree conferred between December 2014 and May 2015.
- Must have completed first year of post-secondary education.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be prepared to participate on a full-time basis (40 hours per week) for 12 weeks.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before applying to the program. This will provide some additional program details about Urban Scholars.
- If you are interested in applying to Metropolitan Council, please click here to apply.
- If you are interested in applying to all other partner organizations, please click hereto apply.
Applications are due by midnight CST on February 20, 2015.
If you have any specific program questions, do not hesitate to contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical assistance with the online application, contact NEOGOV customer support at 1-855-524-5627 between 8 AM and 8 PM CST, Monday – Friday.