LOCUS aims to host meeting grounds for authentic community building – by and for people of color and indigenous peoples (POCI). We host regular dialogues, events, and family dinners. We embrace and support each other through the pursuit of stronger connection and inclusiveness. Through these practices, we strive to cultivate a pool of identity-driven leaders, ready to lead in our local communities. Learn more about LOCUS at https://locusmn.org/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/locusmn/.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The LOCUS Leadership Team oversees and plans the major components of LOCUS programming, including trainings and workshops, family dinners, community partnerships, and network-building events, and manages LOCUS’ online communities including the Facebook group and locusmn.org website.
Specific roles include:
• Attend leadership team meetings (held in-person approximately every other month) and participate in leadership team email discussions and conference calls
• Participate in the development of LOCUS programming at annual leadership team retreat (currently planned for the afternoon of Sunday, January 13, 2019)
• Actively serve on one of our committees (Programming & Events, Membership & Engagement, Marketing & Development)
• Advocate for our needs in the community and among your colleagues and peers
Experience and Qualifications:
We seek potential Leadership Team members who demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Willingness to develop, maintain, and build a resource network for POCI
• A commitment to the mission of LOCUS
• Ability to meet the time requirement of approximately 5 hours per month
• Previous community engagement experience preferred but not required
• Commitment to ensuring the integrity and sustainability of the LOCUS program
LOCUS Leadership Team members are provided with an opportunity to continue their own professional development, as well as increase their personal networks.
Apply online. Submissions will be accepted on a rolling basis with a deadline of 11:59pm on Wednesday, January 2, 2019 (extended deadline). Applicants will be informed of their application status by Friday, January 4, 2019. You may also submit your application responses via email or hard copy if you prefer. Contact locus.mn[at]gmail.com with questions. Thank you for your interest and partnership!